with Left Edge Theatre
General Auditions 2022-23 Season
all roles in 5 shows listed below
Saturday June 11 & June 25 from 10am – 2pm
and Sunday June 26 from 1pm – 5pm
AIRNESS Auditions - March 4th, 2023
2pm to 5pm on March 4, 2023 at 427 Mendocino, Santa Rosa, CA
Contact: Serena Elize Flores, Casting Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Show / Production
— About The Show
When Nina enters her first air guitar competition, she quickly learns there's a lot more to this art form than playing pretend in front of the bathroom mirror. Can she finally lose herself in her favorite songs and discover the raw joy of performing in front of a crowd?
AIRNESS is an exuberant comedy about competition, completion, and a reminder that everything we need to rock is already inside us. AIRNESS was the Winner of the American Theatre Critics Association’s M. Elizabeth Osborn New Play Award in 2018.
Author - Chelsea Marcantel
Cast - 2 women, 4 men, 1 any
— About The Production
AIRNESS is being presented by Left Edge Theatre at The California Theatre, 528 7th Street, Santa Rosa, CA from June 3 to June 11, 2023 with a possible extension to June 18, 2023. The show will be directed by Patrick Nims.
Click here for character descriptions
Click here for audition sides
Click here for more general information about AIRNESS
— Audition Instructions
Arrive on March 4th, at 2pm March 4, 2023 at 427 Mendocino, Santa Rosa, CA- Bring your headshot and resume.
- Be prepared to present a one minute comic monologue (from any period) and a one minute air guitar solo to any song of your choice (you bring your music, we'll provide the speaker).
Review the character descriptions and audition sides for all of the parts you are interested in.
Email any questions to Serena Elize Flores, Casting Director, email@example.com
Dates / General Information
— Audition / Rehearsal / Production Dates
All times are Pacific Time (PT)
* In-Person auditions on March 4, 2023 from 2pm to 5pm at 528 7th Street, Santa Rosa, CA
* Rehearsals - May 2, 2023 to May 23, 2023 (5 rehearsals a week, schedule TBD based on cast availability)
- Possible schedule - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 6pm to 10pm, Saturday from 1pm to 5pm, and Sunday 6pm to 9pm
* Tech Weekend - May 27 & May 28 - 10am to 10pm (10 out of 10)
* Dress Rehearsals / Previews - May 30, 31, June 1, 2 (6pm to 11pm)
* Performances - June 3 to June 11, 2023 with possible extension June 15 to 18. Performances Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings, Sunday matinees.
— General Information
* The following parts are open:
Ed "Shreddy Eddy" Leary
Astrid "Cannibal Queen" Anderson
David "D Vicious" Cooper
Announcer/Sprite Exec/Hooded Figure
* All roles are open to actors of any ethnicity.
* All actors must be at least 18 years of age.
* Paying, non-AEA production. All actors will receive a stipend of $25 per performance (including previews).
* Rehearsals will be in Santa Rosa, CA.
* The production will follow Left Edge Covid performance and attendance policies.