Written by Kelly Gray
Directed by Argo Thompson
Featuring Taylor Diffenderfer, John Browning, Zach Hasbany, Grace Kent and Jackie Threlfal
A fascinating take on 2020, using music, dance and words to powerfully articulate what we’ve learned, what we’ve lost, and the human connection we all so desperately need to continue.
This is an obituary, year 2020. This obituary is for two lovers who had never touched. A story not possible till this very moment in time. A smashing of old fashion gallantry and high-tech sex, the impossible fuck, the plague infected love story of The Q, told on every forum of communication except the forum of flesh.
* Health and Safety Protocols
• Left Edge has a total capacity of 72. We will operate at full capacity.
• All audience members must be vaccinated or show proof a recent negative test result (within 3 days of performance date)
• All guest must wear masks when indoors
• Vaccinated audience members must show proof of vaccination. Either their vaccination card, copy of card or photo of card on their mobile device.
• All cast, crew and staff members will be fully vaccinated.
• The performers may be unmasked but must be at least 6 feet away from the audience.
• There are no social distancing requirements for audience members.
To prepare for the return of in-person performances, Left Edge Theatre has
• Invested in a UV light system for our HVAC that reduces the potential spread of COVID-19
• Developed strict cleaning and disinfection protocols to be used between each performance
• Increased cleaning of the lobby and restroom.
I AND YOU CAST
Caroline: Dale Leonheart
Anthony: Manny DeLeon
BEAUTIFUL MONSTERS CAST
The Writer / The Woman: Taylor Diffenderfer
Actor / The Man: John Browning
Actor / The Musician / The Butcher: Zach Hasbany
Actor / The Dancer / The Young Woman: Grace Kent
Actor / The Usher / The Girl: Jackie Threfall
Director: Argo Thompson
Stage Manager: Vicki Martinez
Musical Direction: Anthony Martinez
Choreography: Kimberly Kalember
Set Designer: Argo Thompson
Lighting Designer: April George
Sound Designer: Argo Thompson
Costume Designer: Sandra Ish
Asst Stage Manager / Set Decorations: Kat Motley
Sound Design: Joe Winkler
The Cast & Crew
Kelly Gray (she/her) resides in Coast Miwok land amongst the tallest and quietest trees in the world, deep in fire country. This year, she's been nominated for both a Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net, and her debut book of poetry, 'Instructions for an Animal Body,' is forthcoming from Moon Tide Press. Kelly's writing has most recently been published in The Atticus Review, River Teeth, Lunch Ticket, The Nervous Breakdown, Account Magazine and many other swoon worthy publications. You can read more of her work at writekgray.com or follow her at @_west_of_west.